Food Safety Officer
Food Safety Officer – Brixton – Contract
STR Group are currently recruiting for a Food Safety officer to work with a Local Authority in Brixton.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
* To carry out food hygiene, food standards and health and safety inspections in food premises ensuring that performance targets are consistently met.
* To carry investigations in respect to infectious disease matters and drinking water quality.
* o participate in the provision of basic food hygiene training courses.
* To undertake formal food sampling for examination and analysis.
* To plan and undertake all aspects of work in accordance with Council policy
* To carry out detailed food hygiene inspections and investigations in food premises except for those assessed as being Category A or Category B in accordance with current legislation
* To maintain full, accurate and appropriate records of inspections and investigations and other relevant contact with food businesses.
* To produce concise and accurate communication in written, oral and other forms.
* Present evidence in court as necessary.
* To prepare letters and reports, including cases for prosecution in respect to complaints and other investigations in low risk premises
* To serve food safety Improvement Notices in relation to high risk and other food premises.
* To maintain an accurate and up to date knowledge on technical, scientific and legal developments in food hygiene and health and safety enforcement.
* To sign and serve food safety Improvement Notices in the relevant premises.
* To investigate and undertake the appropriate action in respect to complaints and carry out investigations into complex/serious environmental health matters.
If this position is of interest to you, please apply now.
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.