Financial Systems Accountant
£400 to £470
Financial System Accountant
Uxbridge | Initial 3 Month Contract | £470 Day Umbrella | Full-Time | Hybrid Working Available
This role oversees the administration and maintenance of both Collaborative Planning, the Council’s self-service budget monitoring system and Oracle Financials, the company’s General Ledger and procurement system.
* Ensuring that the company structure is reflected within the financial systems to enable the organisation to manage ownership and accountability of budgets
* Maintaining Collaborative Planning, ensuring system stability and integrity to enable the business to;
* Carry out monthly budget monitoring reported to Cabinet.
* Setting the detailed budget for next financial year in line with the Council’s MTFF agreed by Cabinet & company in February of each year
* Close the businesses management accounts at the end of each financial year
* Carry out an analytical review of the prior year’s management accounts and ensure that the detailed budgets for the following year reflect the company planned delivery model
* Maintaining Oracle Financials for the areas of the system that fall within the remit of the Financial Planning Team including the coding and accountability hierarchy, budget manager set up and responsibility and calendar management and timetabling to ensure accurate reporting both to Cabinet and Government.
* CCAB Part/Qualified Accountant with experience working within a busy finance function
* Local Authority or Public Sector background with an understanding of financial systems such as Oracle
* Strong communicator both written and oral, able to speak with non-financial employees and explain financial data in a clear and understanding way
Wish to Apply?
Get in contact with Anna at STR Group Services, by emailing an up-to-date CV in application today!
Tel: 02392 315 073
Due to receiving a high number of applications to our opportunities, we are not always able to contact all applicants with feedback. If you do not hear from us in 5 working days from application, please conclude you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.