Stratford, London/Remote | £37,204 per annum | Full-Time | Permanent
This role manages the end-to-end accounting process across the E&E strategic business unit including month and year end close, and ensures consistent, accurate and robust financial accounting processes in line with accounting practices and corporate policies.
* Engage as a proactive member of the UK Financial Control Team, championing financial control, providing a good standard of financial business partnering, financial insight and financial discipline.
* Management of SSC relationship in particular AR, AP, Intercompany and R2R.
* Reviewing reconciliations for all control accounts within the E&E area to balance sheet accounts and ensure that any issues are addressed, all differences highlighted in the reconciliations are fully investigated and all remedial and preventative action have been taken. Provide an overview of income reconciliation of UKVI.
* Financial control for the UK region Exams business, consisting of UK Visa Immigration IELTS (UKVI) and UK exams third party distribution (ACCA), and independent test centres running IELTS (c20m income). including reviewing monthly invoicing for IELTS Test Centres.
* Management of global IELTS board fee reconciliation & recharge (c£80m).
* Financial control for the UK Teaching accreditation business (c£1m income).
* Financial control for the global Onscreen Marking (OSM) operation. OSM launch & learn, global rollout and re-charge process.
* Cash flow forecasting and reporting across the contracts and activities.
* Manage the process of recharges once the process has been initiated by the business and provide advice and support on intercompany accounting.
* Develop and embed effective finance process, standards, templates, tools and systems which provide an effective framework for the provision of financial support services to programmes and contracts.
* Lead on corporate business processes such as FCCF by liaising with corporate teams to ensure compliance. Responsible submissions for the UK operations.
* Ensure UK trial balance, balance sheet accounts are analyzed and reconciled monthly to reflect an accurate valuation of assets and liabilities
* Manage internal audit and NAO audit preparation, co-ordination and follow up ensuring standards are met. Coordinate the provision of information to internal/external auditors. Monitor and report progress against audit recommendations
* Provide guidance and advice on compliance with professional accounting standards, technical accounting issues and other external reporting requirements in British Council. Liaise with other specialist finance functions such as Tax, Treasury, Finance Policy and Global Process Owners as needed.
* Develop, manage and execute plans for implementation of new or updated accounting and reporting requirements in line with professional accounting standards; communicate change effectively with internal stakeholders, ensure appropriate training.
* Qualified Accountant – ACA, CIMA, ACCA
* 5 Years’ experience working in a busy accounting environment
* Understanding and experience of financial control
* Background working in an international, multicultural organisation
* Background working within the public sector – advantageous
If you are interested in this post and wish to apply, please send a copy of your CV to Anna Curtis at Insignis Talent.
Due to the high number of applications received to our roles, we are not always able to provide feedback to all candidates. If you have not received a response within 5 days of applying, conclude that your application has not been successful this time.
strgroup is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.