Borough of Halton
Finance Officer – Widnes – 12 Month contract – £17.00 per hour (inside IR35, Umbrella) – start date ASAP.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Finance Officer in Widnes to assist with the delivery of a full range of financial management services, in order to meet both Directorate requirements and the Council’s Corporate financial requirements.
Your duties and responsibilities will include;
* assist with preparation of the revenue budget and capital programme, including fees and charges, budgets for grant and other external funding, within approved deadlines.
* assist with the preparation of year-end final accounts in accordance with all relevant guidance and statutory requirements, and to liaise with the Council’s external auditors.
* Ensure that appropriate budgetary control and monitoring systems are in place, in accordance with the Council’s Constitution and Financial Regulations, and that approved financial procedures are operated.
* Provision of regular monitoring reports in respect of all revenue, capital, and externally funded expenditure to the Council’s Management Team, Members and Budget Managers, including the provision of Council wide financial data and analysis when required.
* assist with the prompt completion of all grant claims, ensuring proper accounting arrangements are in place for grant-funded expenditure, all available grants are maximised, and to liaise with the Council’s external auditors.
* Provision and collation of information to internal and external auditors. Information to be provided in a timely manner in accordance with agreed timelines.
To be suitable for this opportunity; the following qualifications or experience is required:
* Knowledge of public sector accounting.
* Knowledge of Local Government funding and how Councils are resourced.
* Demonstrate an awareness of the key stages of the annual Local Government finance cycle.
* Ability to write reports dealing with complex financial issues in a clear and concise manner.
* Confidence in liaising with senior officers.
* Excellent analytical skills, in order to evaluate and report upon financial data.
* Member of the Association of Accounting Technicians.
37 hours per week. Full time, Monday – Friday
Additional checks will be required on application.
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.