Finance Manager- 5084977
Finance Manager- £400 a day Ltd- Contract until June 2019- Winchester
My Client has released an exciting opportunity to join their team in Winchester. The Finance Manager will deliver finance support and services to Finance and Operational departments (including estates, property and utilities teams) covering Circuits, Rent, Power and Rates (c.£150m spend), in terms of accurate accounting, reporting, budgeting and forecasting, establishing rigorous focus on tight cost management, commercial scrutiny of costs to deliver efficiencies, delivery and tracking of strategic FF (Future Fit) cost saving initiatives, and associated costs, on all major cost categories (e.g. circuits, rent, rates & power, etc).
Some Key Responsibilities:
– Management and production of timely, accurate, insightful financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting including where appropriate operating costs, capex and related balance sheet account reconciliations to meet Group FP&A reporting deadlines.
– Ensure transparency and understanding of cost trends, action focused analysis and insight, constructive challenge and pro active support to deliver financial performance targets and FF cost saving initiatives. Ensure accurate reporting, forecasting and insights on trends by key cost category (eg rent, power, circuits, rates etc) supported by properly reconciled balance sheet accounts and well supported cost allocations.
– Support, challenge and business partner business leaders of shared cost departments to ensure effective financial decision making and ensuring delivery of targets.
– Provide commercial support in contract negotiation.
– Provide financial support to focus on delivery of FF savings targets on key cost categories, enabling transparency of FF savings and costs.
– Provide clear cost explanation of cost allocation properly supported by clear reconciliations. Maintain cost allocation methodologies (eg between shared cost area and BUs) in line with appropriate governance to ensure compliance and integrity of data for audit and regulatory purposes.
– Support in the reduction and rationalisation of networks and circuit costs
– Provide financial and commercial support for decisions around operating model (insourcing, outsourcing)
– Support, appropriate investment governance and business case process, within levels of Group Delegation of Authority, and maintain robust financial controls to cover expenditure, asset and labour utilisation, and in life project delivery, reporting and forecasting. Ensure compliance with internal accounting policies. Review all capex requests for shared costs areas.
– Identify, track and ensure delivery of savings, and associated costs of transformation within circuits, rent, rates and power.
– Collaborate with the Head of Finance Systems and Process Improvement (within FP&A) to ensure that financial processes and systems are fit for purpose and improved continually, working collaboratively to enable effective planning within the Finance function to manage the impact of the IT Systems and Tools transformation on associated finance processes, systems and reporting.
This role closes Tuesday 12th March,
To apply please send a up to date CV to Nikki at email@example.com
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.