£400 to £430
Enfield, London | Initial 3 Month Contract | £430 Day Umbrella | Full-Time | Hybrid Working Available
To support the Head of Finance in delivering a high quality, flexible, professional finance service that reacts to business priority changes and adapts to current requirements. Ensure that the team works as efficiently and as effectively as possible, supporting the councils operating principles and representing value for money services
* Support the Head of Finance to deliver the service menu for a specified area of activity
* Responsible for leading on the delivery of specific service menu items according to the role and delivering these to a high standard This may include, but is not limited to, reviewing and challenging budget decisions, corporate accounting and financial planning, treasury management, supporting capital and project financial planning, including the development of business cases and providing financial activity support to services across the business
* Representing the Director of Finance at internal and external working groups, committees and other meetings where the role can be advisory, consultative or decision-making
* Plan and manage the work of the team ensuring that all team members understand the service menu, standards and performance indicators, and are proactive in contributing to delivery of team objectives
* Ensure all team members are appropriately trained to be able to carry out these processes in a consistent and efficient manner
* Maintain a comprehensive and up to date knowledge of all relevant legislation, procedures and current and emerging best practice for the area of responsibility and ensure that the organisation meets all of its statutory, regulatory and contractual obligations
* Pro-Actively seek opportunities to deliver efficiencies including through the implementation of system improvements and increased automation
* CCAB Qualified/ Part-Qualified Accountant – Working towards this qualification
* Comprehensive knowledge of local/central government finance, budgeting and accounting, providing high-level advice
* Public sector employment background
Wish to Apply?
Get in contact with Anna at STR Group Services, by emailing an up-to-date CV in application today!
Tel: 02392 315 073
Due to receiving a high number of applications to our opportunities, we are not always able to contact all applicants with feedback. If you do not hear from us in 5 working days from application, please conclude you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.