Finance Business Partner
Finance Business Partner
Paddington, London | £375 Day Umbrella | 6 Month Contract | Full Time | Start ASAP
Our client is the UK’s leading railway infrastructural firm, and they are seeking an experienced Finance Business Partner to join them on an initial 6 Month contract.
Their ideal candidate will be a qualified accountant with a strong FBP background within the public sector or rail industry. You will have a high level of IT competency and be willing to work from their offices based in London for the duration of the post.
* Lead and provide financial advice and guidance to senior budget holders in understanding the impact of the period results and forecasts against budges so they can understand their business better.
* Be the expert in the function on accounting practices and advise on financial results and forecasts for budget holders, including preparing period accruals, transfers, and adjustments to validate accounts are reflective, relevant.
* Manage corporate governance throughout the cost centres they manage, conducting deep dives and reviewing compliance with financial regulations to protect the business from legal or negative consequences.
* Deliver expert and accurate business review information and reporting and highlight any significant issues with financial and other business results to enable informed decision making by the business area.
* Engage and influence senior members of the team to help them understand their financial position and use professional expertise to guide in initiatives to improve business performance
* Build bottom up, detailed plans to manage and develop the production of business plans and budgets to enable good corporate governance and value add analysis for senior leaders
* Identify and proactively manage commercial risks, including the financial suitability of new customers or suppliers reducing the potential risk impact on the business area and influencing decision makers.
* Manage the performance of central accounting functions to deliver for the cost centre area to enable an efficiently and effective accounting service.
* Collate, investigate and make recommendation for investment appraisals and business case analysis to aid business
Qualifications & Skills
* CCAB/CIMA/ ACCA (Part or Full) or equivalent financial qualification
* Experience using Oracle and other financial systems
* DBS Required for this role (Can be obtained before starting)
Get in contact with Anna at STR Group Services, by emailing an up-to-date CV in application today!
Tel: 02392 315 073
Due to receiving a high number of applications to our opportunities, we are not always able to contact all applicants with feedback. If you do not hear from us in 5 working days from application, please conclude you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.