Finance Business Partner
FINANCE BUSINESS PARTNER X2
London (WFH) | 5 Month Contract | £400 Day (Umbrella) | Full Time | Inside IR35
We are recruiting on behalf of a large government defence organisation for two experienced Finance Business Partners to join them initially on a 5-month contract. The postholder will be required to support two of the management groups within the organisation strategic HQ, which collectively manages £2b including operating costs of the HQ, 15-20 Strategic Programmes, enabling organisations and the science and technology portfolio.
You will have the opportunity to contribute to and the lead the Director General Finance or Chief Defence of People core Financial Management and business partnering activities as well as supporting work to improve the serviced provided to the business under the finance business partnering model across the wider team.
Key Operational Activities
* You will be a key member of Head Office Finance Team and will have a broad range of responsibilities supporting budgets and the delivery of finance for the management groups identified, including:
* Building effective stakeholder engagement – Building successful partnerships and maintaining relationships with both business leadership and wider stakeholders.
* Supporting the business to deliver their outcomes – Working collaboratively with the business and other functions to enable the delivery of business plans and objectives. Communicating with impact and providing insight including financial and wider business implications. Support the business to resolve complex problems.
* Driving financial performance – against agreed targets working with stakeholders ensuring budgets are well structured, managed and monitored. Providing robust data and insight to management teams leading business areas. Develop an understanding of the drivers behind key variations. Promoting a high standard of financial management and compliance.
* Providing constructive challenge, scrutiny, insight and analysis – to the business/Budget Holders on their financial plans and programmes to ensure ambitions are sustainable and maximise value for money. Input into the development of business cases, investment appraisals and proposals identifying and highlighting any potential issues.
* Leading a team of finance business partners and support team – setting the direction, empowering, motivating and coaching team members to enable effective delivery of objectives and supporting individuals’ personal development.
To be suitable for this position, you will need to hold the following qualifications and/or experience:
* CCAB Financial Qualification or significant financial expertise round forecasting, budgeting, reporting, use of financial systems and accounting concepts.
* Strong stakeholder engagement and able to communicate and focus them on critical financial issues at hand
* Previous Government/Public Sector experience vital for this role
* Any experience within non-financial role in Public Sector/Government within Policy, Commercial or HR would be beneficial to this role.
* Must have lived and worked in