Finance Assistant – Banbury – Contract – £13ph
STR Group are recruiting for a Finance Assistant to work on site at a public sector organisation in Banbury on a contract basis.
The main purpose of the role is to provide financial, administrative and risk management support to the Treasury Management and Banking Team.
You will be responsible for ensuring that all relevant policies and procedures are adhered to and concerns are raised in accordance with these policies
We are looking for someone with the following skills and experience:
* Accounting experience in the public or private sector
* Knowledge and understanding of double entry book keeping
* Experience of using and developing effective spreadsheet models
* Ability to work to tight deadlines and to work calmly under pressure
* Qualified AAT or, part qualified AAT with accounting, book-keeping and reconciliation experience, or Accountancy/Finance related BTEC awards, certificates or diplomas at level 2/3, or 2 A’ levels
Main Duties of the role:
* To monitor treasury management service provider KPI’s and investigate and report exceptions.
* To assist in monitoring the performance of money market funds and short-term liquidity deposit accounts.
* To assist with the compliance and performance monitoring of external service providers and in-house investment activities.
* Collate and analyse financial and non-financial data, calculate financial ratios and risk indicators as directed, and identify trends to assist in the management of financial risks and provision of financial advice in relation to credit quality of external stakeholders.
* To reconcile external service provider charges, with contractual agreements, investment valuations and other records, resolve queries with service providers and arrange for payment of invoices.