Feed Hygiene Officer
Feed Hygiene Officer
A client of ours in Shropshire is looking for a Feed Hygiene Officer to join their team for a period of 4 months, the post holder will deliver a range of feed hygiene functions as defined by the Food Standards Agency’s Feed Law Code of Practice.
The Feed Hygiene Officer will be required to undertake a range of interventions including sampling as defined under the Food Standards Agency’s Feed Law Code of Practice (FLCOP). Interventions will be carried out in a range of approved feed establishments, manufacturers, mixers and on farm settings.
* Educated to diploma/degree level or equivalent. Professional qualifications which satisfy minimum requirements necessary to undertake statutory or specialist functions feed hygiene, or other relevant training or experience which gives an equivalent level of competence across a wide range of Regulatory Services functional areas
* DCATS Agriculture Paper or equivalent
* A post-graduate qualification in a relevant specialist subject area.
* Membership of a relevant professional body
Knowledge & Experience
* High level of professional knowledge and practical enforcement and regulatory expertise in a number of core Regulatory Services functional areas (feed hygiene)
* Successful delivery of operational project plans, framework agreements and performance targets in a number of functional areas
* Thorough awareness and understanding of current legislation, contemporary issues and best practice in relation to a minimum of two core areas of Regulatory Services functions
* Extensive knowledge and experience of a wide range of enforcement techniques and regulatory sanctions
* Experience of supporting and supervising/directing other staff on functional service delivery issues in at least one core Business Support and Regulatory Services functional area
* Evidence of continuing professional development including a minimum of 20 hours CPD in feed hygiene covering the last two years.
* A completed Feed Competency Assessment document in line with the FSA Feed Law Code of Practice
* Experience in contributing to and supporting others in successful change programmes.
* Extensive experience in a technical or professional role
Please note this role falls inside IR35
To apply for this position please email an updated version of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 02392314795.
stride is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.