£40,000 to £55,000
Estimating Manager – Portsmouth – Full Time – Permanent – Competitive Salary dependant on experience.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an estimating Manager for our client in Portsmouth.
As an Estimating Manager you will be part of the team who are working on several key bids and campaigns over the next couple of years. This role will provide you with the opportunity work within a number of high performing teams developing innovative and cost effective solutions for the delivery of the required products and services to our customers.
Your duties and responsibilities will include;
* Compiling, where appropriate, and owning the costing and pricing for the key campaign pricing activities
* Being influential and providing leadership and direction in defining, delivering, reviewing and challenging the bid and project solutions
* Challenging the current business solution / process and cost base to introduce innovative approaches to win competitive bids, including adoption of new Estimating systems, tools and processes and to ensure Single Source bids conform to the Single Source Contracting Regulations
* Playing a major role in the bid teams, influencing senior management and contributing to the overall business winning process
* Performing analysis for different pricing methods, scenarios and business models, as appropriate for the bids and campaigns, to support the internal approvals and the competitiveness of the bid
* Managing and developing one or more junior Estimating team members
* Working with the Commercial, Engineering, Operations, Finance, Supply Chain and other relevant functions to request, review, challenge and validate inputs to the estimates, ensuring they are robust, reasonable and align to the bid and campaign solutions
* Supporting the bid teams in preparing any analysis and approval documentation related to the costing and pricing of the bid
To be suitable for this opportunity; you must have:
* Experience of major bids
* People management experience
* Estimating, costing and pricing background
* Diverse portfolio of projects
The salary for this position is Competitive dependant on experience
This position is available full time Monday – Friday 37 hours a week.
Additional checks will be required on application.
This role is based in Portsmouth.
strgroup is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.