Emergency Response Manager
£520 to £550
We are currently recruiting for Emergency Response Manager in the London area. This is an exciting opportunity to an integral part of the Energy Resilience and Emergency Response team supporting fast-paced and high-profile cross-cutting work at the forefront of seniors and ministers’ priorities. You will provide critical expertise and build links between the company and other partners across Government and industry to ensure they are effectively and efficiently responding to any potential issues that could arise at the end of the transition period as the UK enters its new partnership with the EU.
As Emergency Response Manager, you will:
* Provide leadership within the Department’s response team to deal with any issues in all of the companies sectors.
* Identify, develop and nurture close working relationships with appropriate partners.
* Manage your team to deliver high quality reports and briefings at pace for ministers and senior officials ensuring they are an accurate reflection of departmental activities, decisions and recommendations.
* Oversee resourcing requirements and support staff welfare over the duration of the response ensuring we have the right people in place and that they are supported.
* Alongside others in the Senior Management team set, the strategic direction of the response to ensure emphasis on the right issues and actions.
* Make key strategic decisions and interrogate policy options based on reason and evidence.
* Oversee the effective and efficient management of any departmental response, working from best practice to ensure a coordinated departmental effort in supporting minsters and seniors within BEIS and across HMG.
* Receive full training on the company emergency response procedures so that they understand how the department operates and fits into x-HMG response structures.
* Develop knowledge of risks, internal incident response plans and procedures and mitigation measures in order to clearly communicate response actions.
Please note this role will require candidates to be willing to work shifts (between the hours of 6am and 11pm and a mixture of early shift and late shift) on a “4 day on 4 day off” shift pattern. You will also need to be able to pass Basic Security clearance.
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.