Digital Solutions Engineer 5160775
I am looking for a Digital Solutions Engineer to be based in Caerphilly for a 2 month contract (with the chance to extend). This is paying £20 per hour via umbrella (the role is inside ir35). Please see the details below.
Majority of work will be undertaken remotely with visits to site only being required where work cannot be completed in this manner. This is expected to be very minimal for this role but could include attending site to collect any required equipment.
Assist the Digital Solutions Architects with the delivery of key elements of Caerphilly County Borough Council’s Digital Strategy, specifically within the provision of Digital Solutions.
Undertake and enhance the development, support and full adoption of solutions and facilities provided by Digital Services to the organisation, partners and customers.
Identify digital trends, opportunities and threats within the field of ICT.
Work as a member of a team of dedicated Support professionals to provide effective Support, Maintenance, Installation and Development of Digital Solutions for the organisation.
Streamline Digital Solutions, helping to eliminate areas of overlapping functionality to provide a consistent set of tools to all areas of the business.
Relevant Level 5 qualification on the Credit and Qualifications Framework for Wales (CQFW).
Professional qualification within the field of ICT.
Security and information legislation principles.
Understanding of service delivery within a complex IT environment.
Knowledge of Human Resources and Health and Safety matters/procedures involved in front-line service delivery.
Knowledge of local government finance, budget preparation, tendering and contract management.
Knowledge of market trends in digital solutions.
Knowledge in a wide range of ICT fields including:
– System Administration.
– Data Analysis.
– Performance Management.
– Relational Databases.
– Cloud Technologies.
Production of business intelligence using analytical tools.
Understanding of n-tier technology and architecture.
Business Continuity and Disaster recovery.
Understanding of the role and functions of local government.
Networking and Connectivity
GIS: Presentation of data geographically.
Responsible for delivering Digital Solutions and the underpinning technologies required to support them. This includes, but is not limited to:
* Relational databases such as SQL Server.
* Reporting and analysis services.
* Performance monitoring, including the creation of baselines.
* Implementation of tenancy and SaaS models to extend existing solutions where possible.
* Cluster and Cloud technologies to provide reliability and resilience.
* Integrations between solutions to provide a seamless user experience to both internal staff and external customers.
* Web interfaces to applications and Web Portals for customer interaction with Council services.
* Multiple communication channels such as email, Instant Messaging, voice integration, text messaging.
* Secure payments (Chip and PIN, online payments, etc).
* Mobile applications.
* Structured and unstructured data repositories.
* Customer request capture via online forms, call logging systems and ticketing requests.
* GIS provision and integration with solutions.
* Legacy systems and archived data for solutions which have been replaced but historical access is still required.
Work with suppliers of niche and bespoke solutions to provide required functionality which cannot be provided by larger, platform solutions.
Develop and implement custom applications and integrations between solutions where in house creation is more cost effective or where 3rd party solutions do not exist.
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.