Digital Accessibility Analyst – RQ595635
Digital Accessibility Analyst – £33.74 per hour umbrella – Islington – 3 Month Contract
Our client is a large public sector organisation who is looking for a Digital Accessibility Analyst to be part of their online operations team. You will be working with their in-house digital accessibility analyst, front and back-end developers, dev ops, testers, communications and content officers to ensure their digital service provision to their staff and residents meet accessibility best practice. You should have experience of usability, accessibility, front end web development and conducting web and application accessibility audits.
* Lead or contribute to the scoping, development and implementation of new pieces of functionality for their website and other web/browser-based UI’s (internally and externally facing)
* Take responsibility and accountability for delivering compliant, high performance accessible Frontend design implementations
* Provide an assurance function for procured systems and online services to ensure accessibility standards and regulatory requirements are met
* Work effectively alongside UX Designers, Back End Developers, Testers and Frontend developers to develop digital solutions.
* Apply best practice principles of usability, information architecture, design and coding standards to all online products, including those elements developed in other departments and organisations, to ensure a seamless, easy to use user journey with accessibility at its core
* Support the development of a strategic approach to self-service – the ability of customers, especially those with accessibility needs, to complete transactions and make requests in a seamless online environment
* To apply best practice in design, usability and development, including changes within the councils Content Management Systems
* Create and improve new and existing products, platforms and transactions across the council in line with meeting accessibility standards to support their fairness for all policies.
* Be involved in the wider web and digital development community, identifying good practices so we can adopt and share our experiences.
* A strong, demonstrable background and deep understanding of modern User Interface technologies which puts usability and accessibility at the forefront
* Experience in working with large-scale, high traffic digital platforms that use complex content management systems and workflows
* Experience in developments for complex websites including troubleshooting on issues as they arise and working with technical suppliers and others to proactively resolve problems or develop new solutions, particularly as they relate to accessibility
* Experience in conducting accessibility audits, usability and A/B testing
* Experience of building websites to meet WCAG 2.1 guidelines
* Able to run and facilitate user research activities and present findings back to stakeholders and team members
* Ability to learn and understand new web technologies and how to use them to improve online services, including how to integrate them with existing online systems
* Knowledge of how content management systems work, and how to develop websites and intranets in a CMS environment including manipulating templates, adding functions such as widgets, applying permissions and workflows (Sitecore)
* Detailed understanding and experience of web and digital development (HTML/CSS/JS)
* A thorough understanding of web accessibility, usability standards, best practice and accessibility monitoring tools such as Silktide or Siteimprove.
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.