Data Protection Officer
Data Protection Officer – East London – Full Time – Contract – Competitive Salary £27.75 per hour
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Data Protection Officer for our client in East london.
You would be working closely with Corporate Information Governance and managing a small team supporting the Council’s social care, health and schools Information Governance services, you will monitor and report on the Council’s data protection compliance.
We are looking for a positive individual with excellent organisational and time management skills who is proficient in Microsoft office software.
For this opportunity you will be part of the team who are working to fulfil the statutory role of the Data Protection Officer, the lead professional expert to advise, promote, secure Council-wide agreement to, and audit/ monitor compliance with privacy and data protection legislation. The role extends to safeguarding the Council’s engagement with partners, contractors and other third parties.
* Data Protection legislation including GDPR
* Other legislation and regulatory regimes regarding privacy
* Good working knowledge of local government, including social care and schools
Qualification & Experience;
* Experience in data protection and information governance
* Experience in writing high level reports for senior managers’ consumption
* Experience in effective escalation to achieve required outcomes
* Experience of effective liaison with senior managers
To be suitable for this opportunity; you must have:
* Ability to plan, programme, deliver and monitor projects and programmes of work, in line with agreed timescales and outputs; ability to contribute to cross-service/agency projects.
* Good organisational skills and be capable of achieving agreed deadlines and targets, whilst staying motivated and focused.
* Clear verbal and written communication skills
* Skills in negotiation and influencing
* Ability to write reports for corporate IG Board meetings and other senior management forums
* Ability to bring creative solutions to problems.
* Able to organise and motivate staff at all levels council-wide, multi-disciplinary
The salary for this position is Competitive dependant on experience
This position is available full time Monday – Friday 37 hours a week. Willingness to work outside of contracted hours in the evenings and weekends subject to notice.
Additional checks will be required on application.
This role is based in East London.
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.