£400 to £435
We are looking for a highly skilled, enthusiastic, and self-motivated data analyst to take a key role in developing the management and performance information that is required to support the work of our social work and senior management teams, which maximises the functionality available through Azure and Power BI. We are developing our reporting through Power BI and require an experienced SQL coder to link data sets from our Oracle and/or Azure SQL Servers through to Power BI.
You will have experience of working with SQL, either PL SQL for Oracle or T SQL for SQL Server. Experience of working in local government or the wider public sector service economy would be desirable but not essential. You will need to demonstrate a proven track record of supporting the MI reporting requirements for a large organisation using the key technologies required for this post.
As a Senior Information Analyst you will have a lead role in delivering the management information reports required across Adult’s Health and Care of the company. Working within the Adult’s Health and Care Business Intelligence Team you would have responsibility for producing the data extracts for key management and performance reports, using SQL interrogation of Oracle or SQL Server databases to output into Power BI.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Running and publication of existing SQL reports / outputs;
* Working with other analysts to determine a reports requirement, what data is required for the report and how that data will be structured to enable effective reporting from it.
* Summarising this report requirement and showing a framework to Data Manager for the prep and extract of the data.
* Working with analysts to create links to this data within Power BI.
* Analysis of complex data structures and business processes.
* Combination of various data sources to create single datasets;
* Able to follow defined procedures, whilst capturing potential improvements;
* Documentation of procedures (both from a technical and business perspective).
* Use initiative and be innovative when managing information, finding solutions and solving problems. Make recommendations for improvement and produce reports, summaries and exception reports.
* With at least two years experience in an IT support environment.
* You will have with proven experience in using SQL with SQL Server or Oracle and with visualization tools such as Power BI, as well as Excel skills to an advanced level. Knowledge.
* Demonstrating excellent analytical, communication and interpersonal skills to a high standard, you will have an understanding of the needs of good management Information and data quality
* Demonstrable ability to design, build and implement complex information reports Understand Data warehouse principles.
* Extensive experience in using SQL for extracting and reporting complex data.
* Experience using visualization tools such as Power BI.
* Good statistical, analytical and presentation skills.
* Good interpersonal and communication skills including the preparation and presentation of complex information, both written and verbal, to operational staff, senior managers and partners
* Negotiation & cooperation, working closely with local staff in identifying reporting specifications required to meet peoples needs.
Experience: *Previous experience of working within local government or Health with an understanding of the nature of public services delivery particular in a social care or health setting *High level of experience in reporting large and complex datasets for sup
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.