£36,000 to £42,000
I am looking for a Data Analyst for a 4 month contract with the view to extend. This role is home based, but you will need to be able to come in to Paddington for training and then once a fortnight thereafter. This is paying between £36,000 and £42,000 per annum.
I am seeking a data professional with experience of manipulating big data in an online environment. In this role you will be working with large data sets in order to identify opportunities for a consumer website covering current events and pop culture.
The successful candidate will be familiar with search. He/she will be capable of analysing and reporting on search trends to drive engaging content programming.
As a member of their team, you will need to love data, and be able to demonstrate good awareness of sports, entertainment, cultural events and search trends.
You must be able to handle multiple responsibilities concurrently, and work well under regular deadline pressure in a constantly evolving environment.
What I am really looking for is someone with the data skills, but we also need them to have knowledge of British popular culture, current affairs, TV, movies & entertainment trends, sports, cultural events etc.
A typical day in the role:
– Manipulate big data sets
– Create reports to inform editors on search trends to aid in identifying content programming opportunities.
– Contribute to editorial planning and calendaring
– Working with the team in Seattle frequently, so late afternoon meetings (calls) from home will be a big part of their life.
– Proven Experienced and capable of handling and manipulating big data sets
– Excel and SQL experience – 3 years minimum experience
– Expert level English and UK pop-culture awareness
In this role, you need to have
* Experience in search or web analysis
* Professional grade English, with expert understanding of the nuances of British-English
* Strong Excel skills
* Some experience using SQL
* Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
And you need to be:
* Well-versed in British popular culture, sports, entertainment, current affairs, and web-trends
* Proactive, organised, easily able to multitask and comfortable making decisions in a fast-paced environment.
* Detail-oriented, with great follow-through.
* Committed to consistently delivering quality work.
* Comfortable working in a collaborative team environment or, as needs dictate, in an independent, autonomous role.
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.