Contract Compliance Officer
£16 to £17
Our client is looking for a Contract Compliance Officer to join their team on a 1 year contract.
This role will be to provide day to day client management of contracts by developing links with the contractors’ staff to ensure that waste delivery and treatment facilities are operated in accordance with the requirements of the contract, current legislation and best practice guidance. To interface with the public and waste collection authorities to resolve waste issues.
* Supervise the operation and delivery of a variety of waste management contracts to ensure that they are operated in compliance with conditions of contract and specifications.
* Agree with the contractor any works required to ensure sites are acceptable for use by the public and waste collection authorities and to supervise implementation.
* Agree and implement with the contractor/collection authorities’ temporary changes to waste delivery points due to short term site closures.
* Responsible for carrying out audit trails on all waste streams to ensure compliance with current Environment Agency/Government legislation and performance monitoring.
* Assist in the management of the audit system to ensure that commercial waste collected by the waste collection authorities is properly accounted for and treated/disposed of in compliance with current legislation.
* Ensure that delivery, treatment and disposal sites and Household Waste Recycling Centre’s comply with health & safety requirements and liaise with contractors and health and safety officers to initiate improvements as necessary.
* Assist in the supervision of and the assessment and processing of payments for waste management contracts.
* Contribute to the development of systems and contracts to effectively manage waste issues such as changes in legislation and best practice guidance to minimise their effect on contracts and waste management service generally.
* Assist in the development, maintenance and interrogation of the waste management statistical database.
* Provide information required for the preparation of budget monitoring statements and for the forecasting of future budget requirements.
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.