Communications Officer 5155215
Communications Officer – £18ph Umbrella- Guildford- 3 month contract
My Client has released an exciting opportunity to join their team in Guildford on a contract basis. This will be to provide an effective proactive and reactive news service, both day to day and in a crisis.
This involves managing the communications schedule, dealing with press enquiries, arranging photo calls and press briefings. The news service also needs to make effective use of the Client’s website, intranet and social media channels.
This includes working with officers and councillors to:
* provide an efficient and accurate enquiry response service for local, trade and national media
* help develop a culture of story spotting and identifying news opportunities
* research and write press releases and feature articles and develop good contacts with the media to obtain coverage
* regularly monitor and evaluate media coverage.
Some other responsibilities involve:
– To Develop, implement and evaluate communications plans and campaigns on Client projects and strategies, working with officers, councillors and partners as appropriate.
– To contribute to the development of coordinated internal and external communications activities across the Client.
– Experience in a busy communications, PR environment
– Press/media experience required
To apply for this position please send a CV to Nikki at firstname.lastname@example.org
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.