Communications and Engagement Manager – 1003864712064168
Tyne and Wear
Communications and Engagement Manager – £22.20 per hour umbrella – Newcastle – 3 Month Contract
Our client is a large public sector organisation who requires an experienced Communications and Engagement Manager to support the Assistant Director in delivering their strategic objectives and ensuring the communications and engagement team contribute to innovative customer focused services being designed, delivered, monitored and continually improved.
* Manage the planning, development and implementation of all internal and external customer engagement, ensuring all communications are responsive, varied and influence appropriately.
* Lead on the development, delivery and monitoring of all engagement and communications strategies and policies.
* Lead on all media and PR activity and manage the day to day proactive and reactive PR to enhance their profile, protects reputation and influence appropriately.
* Guide the team and senior staff members to ensure appropriate management and delivery of sensitive and controversial messages with the media and other stakeholders.
* Create and ensure delivery of an internal and external communication plan for the business, ensuring all interlinked projects are taken into account and their style is embedded in all communication.
* Develop and continuously review our approach to customer insight, customer segmentation, community investment, customer journey mapping and trend analysis, ensuring the organisation fully understands both current and future customer needs, identifying areas for change, and ensuring insight drives service improvement.
* Champion the importance of customer experience and engagement through coaching and presentations across the organisation, bringing both qualitative and quantitative data to life by presenting it in an engaging and creative way to capture the interest of others and stimulate learning and service improvement.
* To collaborate with and provide communication and engagement advice and support to the Executive Team and service directorates to help the business achieve their strategic and operational priorities.
* Develop our digital approach to support communications, customer engagement and insight, and ensure a consistent approach is embedded across the organisation.
* Deliver specifically developed training to teams and individuals in relation to communications and media.
* Lead the team effectively, ensuring employees are motivated and developed to deliver the requirements of the service and to achieve service targets and objectives.
* Demonstrable working knowledge of leading customer engagement and/or communications team
* A competent communicator both verbally and in writing and works positively to adapt communication styles to reach different audiences appropriately.
* Ability to analyse and communicate complex information to a variety of audiences and to think strategically to find solutions to problems.
* Proficient with using and developing IT applications and digital solutions.
* Ability to demonstrate excellent attention to detail and time management
* Demonstrable inter-personal skills to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
* Demonstrable commitment to custo