Clerical Assistant (Legal)
Clerical Assistant (Legal) – Sandbach – Initial 3 Month Contract – £11.20ph Umbrella (Inside IR35)
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Clerical Assistant to join the team of a public sector organisation within Cheshire.
To undertake a range of clerical activities including the use of IT systems, in support of solicitors and legal executives within Legal Services in order that an efficient and effective service is delivered.
* Establish, monitor and maintain administrative records and systems, both computerised and manual, to carry out administrative functions and to provide accurate, up to date information and facilitate information extraction and analysis. Act as sole administrator for extensive numbers of legal files.
* Maintain files and collate legal documentation for use by Legal Services and external organisations, to ensure the effective and prompt exchange of information.
* Complete standard letters, standard legal processes and standard legal documentation, draft and publish Traffic Regulation and similar Orders including sealing of documents on behalf of the organisation, liaising with colleagues in Legal Services, other departments and external organisations as necessary
* Carry out a range of clerical tasks such as arranging meetings, maintaining diaries, processing mail, photocopying and filing in order to provide a comprehensive support service. Convey legal information & procedural requirements to a range of audiences.
* Ensure the accuracy of and process the payment of invoices to ensure that prompt and accurate payments are made and that resources are used efficiently.
* Arrange attendance at Court by Legal Services staff and where necessary attend Court personally to ensure the provision of information and documentation to solicitors and barristers as well as giving evidence.
* Previous junior legal level experience required, enabling daily functions such as completing signing/sealing/engrossments to be commenced with little supervision.
* Having a keen eye for detail/accuracy in tasks is needed.
* The job holder will need to be able to demonstrate they can adapt and meet changing priorities with urgency of deadlines and requests.
* Understanding of administration and financial procedures and processes.
* ICT skills – including proficient use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and databases.
For further information and to apply then please contact Deanna at STR on 02392322381 and email a copy of your most recent CV to email@example.com
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.