Childcare Lawyer – Tower Hamlets – 6 month contract – £28.41ph umbrella
Our client is looking for a childcare Solicitor to provide legal advice and undertake a varied caseload relevant to the grade of areas of work covered by the team.
· To assist in the preparation of committee reports relevant to the caseload undertaken and to provide legal advice, comments and guidance as required for the report that the Constitution is met and that the Council has the vires to deal with the matter.
· To prepare reports, briefing notes or other appropriate documents in relation to proposed, new or changing legislation and Council policies and procedures relevant to the caseload undertaken and assist in training officers.
· If required to draft witness statements and other legal documents
· To attend and advise statutory panels and boards as and when required. Including attendance at meetings with senior officers from other public bodies, central government and senior partners from private legal practices.
Requirements for this role:
* Knowledge of local government law, relevant legislation, standards national policies and legal procedures.
* Practising Solicitor/Barrister or Fellow of CILEX with relevant experience in the post or similar.
* Experience in advice, interpreting legal issues, preparing written advice and conducting legal casework relevant to the post.
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.