Change Communications Manager
Change Communications Manager – Permanent – £39,877 per annum – Remote/ London/ Birmingham/ Cardiff/ Manchester/ Leeds
Our client is looking for a Change Communications Manager to support them in achieving its mission and vision by leading and advising the organisation on how to adopt and implement best practice change communications. Ensuring the staff are consulted, involved and informed of change and what it would mean for them moving forward.
The role is predominately home based, however occasional days in one of the above offices will be required.
* Reporting to the Head of Internal Communications the post holder will lead change programme communications that have a significant people impact to make sure that we are supporting our people through transformation in a structured, clear and empathetic way.
* Set the strategic direction for internal change communications across the Force so that our communications are purposeful, informative and outcomebased.
* Provide strategic and tactical advice to colleagues across the Force, including the Chief Officer Group and wider Senior Leadership Team on best practice, to drive employee engagement and affect behavioural change
* Communicate and engage on the organisations highlevel cases for change, making sure that narrative is used to support and evidence business decisions – building trust and pride in the organisation and its leaders
* Plan, coordinate and lead the creation of outcome-based change communications plans for programmes with significant people change impact, ensuring that change management and behavioral change are at the forefront of our approach
* Plan, coordinate and maintain change content in the IC content calendar, so that all change appears joinedup and clearly links to the organisations’ narrative and objectives
* Provide expert advice and professional oversight to all colleagues who create change content – advising them how to best achieve their desired outcomes.
* Build and maintain positive working relationships with counterparts at key partner and stakeholder organisations, representing BTP and influencing strategic decisionmaking at a senior level.
* Devise, lead and maintain the creation of ‘Change Toolkit’ for Senior Leaders and Project Leads to upskill them in change communications and to provide a framework and tools for them to communicate change well for smaller projects that IC is not involved in from an advisory capacity.
* Responsible for ensuring employee listening and feedback is used throughout the change process to inform/change approach and make sure that feedback is dealt with quickly and that stakeholders are informed throughout – acting as an advocate for employees in the change process
* Responsible for ensuring that our internal tone of voice is used in all change communications across all our challenges to ensure it is human, empathetic and has a clear line of sight to the change story.
* Proven experience of being an Internal Communications Leader who has Business Partner experience (preferably to Technology, Transformation or HR).
* Proven success at designing, leading and implementing change communications plans that result in behavioural and organizational change. Must be able to evidence this.
* Substantial experience of designing and implementing a ‘Change Toolkit’ to support leaders across the organization in leading small scale change for projects where the Internal Communications won’t be available to support in an advisory capacity.
– Experience leading, coordinating and managing large-scale people impact change communications e.g. restructures, redundancies, pensions, changes to T&Cs.
– Experience of creating a compelling change story and associated communications plan across complex programmes with a high level of ambiguity.
* Proven experience of impressing upon all internal audience the criticality of change management activities and secure stakeholder buyin to complex change delivery and associated timelines.
* Proven experience of leading change programmes with employer brand implications, including consulting with Unions/Employee Associations/Trade bodies.
* Experience leading the design and implementation of training programmes
* Experience building and fostering a community of ‘champions’ to embed change at all levels in the organization.
* Extensive experience of using audience insight, feedback and listening activity to shape – and when required – pivot change communications plans to ensure they achieve the desired results.
* Experience of coaching and advising CSuite leaders in change to make sure they understand their role in change.
* Experience of operating and advising at an executive level.
strgroup is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.