Capital Programme Manager – 5207998
£300 to £323
Capital Programme Manager – 6 Month Contract – £323 p/d (Umbrella) – London
Our client within the public sector and is looking for someone to join them on a 6 month contract to be involved with the Capital Programme in place, overseeing a large number of projects in a variety of sectors within this clients remit. You will be working with a vast array of stakeholders and must be comfortable in doing so.
* Develop, provide, and oversee effective programme and performance management approaches for the capital programme. These processes should enable and support standardised management of, as well as provide effective challenge for, all projects within the programme.
* In conjunction with the Strategy and Finance team, as well as service leads, will undertake an immediate line-by-line review of the entire capital programme, where each project is tested against priorities, as well as other agreed strategies, in particular those priorities linked to the place-shaping ambitions.
* Where projects are not delivering one or more agreed priorities, work with Project Managers and Sponsors to either close out and remove the project from the programme or support them to re-scope the project to better align with priorities.
* Develop any required toolkits and standard documentation to enable performance and project management to be effectively coordinated, managed and challenged.
* Ensure effective policies are in place for programme planning as well as for financial, risk and performance management approaches – drawing on existing policies where possible and/or developing new policies as needed.
* Review policies and ensure that the remit is understood.
* Involved in implementation of processes and approaches as and when required.
* Provide a great service to the client and ensure that all staff and external stakeholders and aware and up to date with the current timelines.
* PMO/ Programme Management experience
* Comfortable working with a large variety of stakeholders
* Extensive experience in programme and performance management environments, demonstrating a strong track record of successful project/programme delivery
* Experience of implementing new programme, governance and performance management policies, approaches, and frameworks
* Good knowledge of, and experience in, implementing financial and performance monitoring procedures
* Strong track record of innovation and problem-solving skills
* Proactive approach to delivering work and projects
* Experience of working in a matrix management structure
* Capable of managing a diverse workload and keeping up to date with multiple responsibilities concurrently
* Comfortable when working to tight deadlines and able to turn work around within a short time span
* Comfortable working autonomously and across multiple tasks
* Strong influencing and management skills to help prioritise and resolve conflicting issues in a timely and productive manner
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.