Newbury, Remote | £400 Day NEG. (Umbrella) | Initial 3 Month Contract | Full Time | Start ASAP
To undertake accounting, budgetary control, and financial administration duties in respect of the Capital Programme and Fixed Assets. This involves providing financial advice and information to assist managers in the delivery of the agreed Council Capital Programme.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
* Responsible for supporting company services in the monitoring and reporting of Capital projects, including the analysis and investigation of variances and, through discussions and meetings with Service Managers, the preparation of the quarterly Capital monitoring report detailing the progress of Capital projects inclusive of the outturn summary and other standing capital performance plans and reports.
* To assist the Senior Accountant and Finance Manager with the preparation of the annual and 3-year Capital Programme. This will involve reviewing business cases and assisting non-finance managers to finalise their individual budgets with associated ongoing performance management
* To assist the Senior Accountant in preparing the year-end Statement of Accounts content.
E.g., Closure of Capital cost centres, liaising with the Company’s Property section and external valuation specialist, the review of additions to the Fixed Asset Register and supporting the production of Capital working papers to aid the Balance Sheet disclosures and associated Notes to the Statement of Accounts including Property, Plant and Equipment, Investment Properties, Intangible Assets, Revaluations and Leases
* Partner with the Treasury Accountant to ensure that all relevant Capital-related financial data included within the Council’s Budget modelling is accurate and consistent with the equivalent Treasury information
* Work closely with the Treasury Accountant to formulate accurate cashflow projections
* To prepare any other financial information as required by the Senior Accountant, Finance Manager or Service Managers. This will involve the ability to extract raw data from a variety of sources in order to produce meaningful management information using advanced spreadsheet techniques (primarily utilising Microsoft Excel)
* Significant involvement with the improvement of financial systems and controls, developing and implementing appropriate changes
To be suitable for this position you will need to hold the following:
* CCAB, CIMA, MAAT OR L3 AAT Qualification or equivalent degree in this subject
* 3 Years’ Experience in an Accounting Environment, preferably within local authority
* Understanding of Capital Accounting arrangements
* Understanding of the accounting principles relating to Capital/Fixed Assets
* Experience using Agresso and other CRM Finance Systems
To apply & find out more about this opportunity:
Please send over a copy of your most up-to-date CV to email@example.com or call 02392 315073.
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.