Business Support Manager 5120441
£25 to £27
An exciting opportunity for a Business Support Manager has come up in the Watford area on a 5 month contract basis.
You will provide business support to community and environmental services through effective financial, programme and project management in line with the council’s framework.
Purpose of role-
* Ensure key performance indicators are effectively monitored, reported and met.
* Develop and manage businesses cases and funding applications for new projects.
* To be responsible for the preparation and co-ordination of the Service Plan and Quarterly Review ensuring that they are delivered within the corporate planning timetable.
* Ensure all Departmental Projects are delivered to programme and within budget
* Review all the H&S arrangements in place, update and roll them out
* Review our GDPR compliance, update and roll it out
* Review compliance with all relevant decisions (such as from Audit Committee, Portfolio Holder meetings etc), update and roll out
* Engage with customers to plan for and make happen successful launch of new Watford 2020 processes
* Arrange recruitment for various posts
* Liaise across the council with responsible officers, deliver effective change
* Ensuring key projects are delivered on time and on budget and to project specification.
* Ensuring procurement of external partners is carried out efficiently and effectively and in line with the Council’s guidelines.
* Ensuring relevant key performance indicators and objectives in the Corporate Plan and Service Plan are achieved and the relevant programme management systems are in place and used effectively by Project Managers.
This person is required to have strong people and organisation management skills and some knowledge with finance and budgetary controls.
The ideal candidate would have had previous project management experience with business planning, tendering and procurement processes.
If you would like more information on the role please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02392 314797.
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.