Business Operations Manager –
Business Operations Manager – £86,000 per annum PAYE – Can be based in Reading/London Paddington – 18 Month Contract
Our client is a global technology organisation who requires an experienced Business Operations Manager to support the Global Workplace Services (GWS) EMEA Real Estate Operations Team by making the business more efficient and drive best practices across our diverse lines of business. This individual will establish and own the end to end business rhythm, incorporating finance, corporate and GWS EMEA activities. The position reports into the Regional Director for EMEA Global Workplace Services.
* Primary responsibility is to lead cross projects to ensure regional and business alignment on key strategic GWS initiatives.
* Driving community across the EMEA team and connectedness with peer and global teams.
* Support LT in recognising great work through spotlights in All Hands meetings and submissions for corporate and RE&S reward programs.
* Steward the annual planning process, forums and commitment establishment. Stay connected with the central team to understand pipeline.
* Manage team reporting tools and SharePoint site to track progress against regional commitments.
* Drive budget planning, tracking, and forecasting for the regional lines of business in collaboration with finance stakeholders.
* Take ownership of ad hoc region wide initiatives including process improvements.
* Oversee the preparation for, and facilitation of, quarterly business review meetings, highlighting financial variances , business performance against key initiatives, accomplishments, upcoming activities and challenges.
* Develop and publish quarterly business review presentations.
* Collaboration and facilitation of All Hands meetings, Directs F2F, annual EMEA offsite. Facilitate and monthly leadership team meetings to ensure the agenda is enabled via tight and effective sessions.
* Manage monthly capital submissions to Capital Planning team, including managing deadlines, reviewing submissions and coordinating responses to questions from Corporate team.
* Manage on-going cadence of invoice and purchase approvals above Regional Director’s limits.
* Work with Integrator and Regional leads to maintain and prioritise CAPEX reserve list.
* Work with IFM team and Tier 1st to maintain and prioritise ongoing CAPEX and OPEX opportunities.
* Monitor and suggest changes to SAFE limits to ensure adequate limits are in place ahead of projects, and process requests for changes due to organisational changes.
* Maintain ROB calendar and coordinate with integrator to ensure dates of meetings are aligned.
* Serve as chair of Governance Board, including creation of agenda and slide deck. Ensure meetings are run smoothly and follow up as needed on action items.
* Create and send out monthly newsletter to communicate news, events and deadlines to EMEA team.
* Assist Tier1 and Corporate communications team with communications, including assistance with pipeline of stories to share.
* Maintain EMEA SharePoint site.
* Support on ad-hoc projects.
* Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
* A proven ability to influence and collaborate across groups and build virtual teams.
* Be self-motivated and directed and require minimal supervision.
* Strong project management, organisational and entrepreneurial skills.
* Proven analytical experience.
* Ability to plan at both a strategic and implementation level.
* 5-8 years experience in a role directly relevant to the responsibilities described above
* Background knowledge of supplier protocol (e.g. method of delivery, quality of service, pricing and reporting), financial analysis and budget processes, and best practices in the areas of implementation, information, and service provider relationships is a plus.
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.