Billing And Debt Assistant 5179320
£20 to £21
Cheshire West and Chester
Our client is looking for a Billing and Debt Assistant to join their team on a 3 month contract.
This role will be working 37 hours and is WFH with occasional travel into the offices in Cheshire.
This role will be to provide an efficient service for the collection and recovery of Income and Debt owed to the Council. To operate in the Corporate Debt Recovery teams concentrating specifically on the recovery of Council Tax.
Debt Recovery experience is essential, and a desirable candidate will have previously performed this role within a Local Authority.
* To have a working knowledge of the appropriate legislation and regulations.
* To deal with enquires from Debtors in person, by letter, email or telephone.
* To negotiate payment arrangements on outstanding debts
* To carry out effective changes to accounts as necessary, making decisions on exemptions, discounts and reliefs. Input data, maintain/amend accounts and issue bills
* Provide documentation for instalment arrangements, update records and monitor payments.
* Set up direct debits and using various reports produced by BAC’S update direct debit details on individual accounts and process unpaid items.
* To prepare refunds for authorisation
* Assist in tracing absconders in order to maximise revenue collection.
* To liaise with other departments concerning debtors accounts and sums due.
* Assist in the preparation, checking and dispatch of demand notices reminders, summonses etc
* Assist with regular reconciliations of key controls
* To apply necessary recovery actions to collect outstanding amounts.
* To liaise with bailiffs on individual cases.
* To assist at Magistrates/County Court.
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.