£40,000 to £48,000
Our client is looking for a BI Analyst to join their team on a permanent basis in the Fulham area of London.
The Business Intelligence Analyst will have had solid experience working within a Business Intelligence department and have worked with the NHS for a number of years in either a community or acute setting. The post holder will ideally have worked as an analyst in the support and provision of a Trusts internal or external BI or reporting requirements. They should understand of NHS data sets, and have experience with NHS operational/regional/national reporting requirements. The post holder will ideally have also worked for either a NHS Community or Acute Trust working as an analyst either in a Information or Business Intelligence Department.
* To develop ad hoc reports as requested by senior BIPA staff, for Divisional Directors, Business Managers and other clinical or non-clinical users within agreed timescales.
* To ensure that all external statutory reports produced by the post holder are fully validated prior to sign-off within the organisation, and that reports are not submitted or uploaded externally without Trust sign off.
* To be able on a day to day basis provide expert and informed advice, guidance and training concerning information topics to non-information specialists, including data definitions, performance targets and report criteria
* To maintain a good understanding of the origin and meaning of data available in patient related operational and management information systems within the Trust. To be aware of statutory and organisational changes on those systems (e.g. ISB, Information boundary changes, etc.), ensuring the Trust responds appropriately to all such changes.
* For the reports you produce, to learn and develop an understanding of the origin and meaning of data used. To understand patient flows and how data is feed into the operational and management information systems that are used for reports.
* Understanding of a range of analytical techniques, and their application to the NHS context.
* Good understanding of Microsoft SQL Business Intelligence Tools
* Good numerical skills and understanding of statistics is essential
* Experience of creating reports and delivering ad hoc analytics with the use of Microsoft Analysis Services
* Working knowledge of T-SQL to query databases and ability to utilise it as part of ad hoc reporting, data discover and data quality assurance processes
* Knowledge and understanding of NHS mandatory reporting requirements and NHS datasets would be a significant advantage.
The company offers great benefits package with the role.
strgroup is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.