Assistant Global Controller
£48,000 to £50,000
Assistant Global Controller (Finance)
Cramlington, NE23/ Remote | £50,000 per annum | Permanent – Full Time | Start ASAP
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experience Financial Controller to join a large PPS business based in Cramlington, Newcastle on a full-time, permanent basis.
As the company’s Assistant Global Controller you will be responsible for driving technical accounting compliance, financial and operational internal controls, process simplification and operational excellence to deliver accurate financial reporting and analysis.
Our client is a leading partner in the energy sector providing better solutions to their customers and richer opportunities for their people. They are committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and are always looking for the right people to help them get there.
* Key Supporting role to the PPS Global Controller
* Consolidation of the monthly financial statements and annual reporting under US GAAP
* Analysis of accounting metrics and ownership of internal key account review process
* Manage allocation and completion of global account reconciliation process through Blackline system
* Provide financial expertise and ensure compliance with all internal controls and accounting policies
* Build strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
* Technical accounting memos related to complex revenue recognition projects
* Support external audit, tax and treasury reporting and compliance requirements for all legal entities and branches
* Drive operational controllership within the global PPS business – ensure that there is complete ownership by the region, whilst identifying potential gaps and solutions
* Drive simplification and digitization, where applicable. Reduce cycle times, reworks and manual activities, whilst instigating controls. Support business initiatives and cross functional projects
Qualifications & Experience required
* CCAB Qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA/MAAT)
* Strong knowledge of IFRS & US GAAP as applicable to multi-national/ currency basis
* Thorough understanding of ASC 606/ IFRS 15 revenue standards
* Must have background working within a multi-national company, liaising with stakeholders from different countries and conveying financial information to non-financial employees
Get in contact with Anna at STR Group Services, by emailing an up-to-date CV in application today!
Tel: 02392 315 073
Due to receiving a high number of applications to our opportunities, we are not always able to contact all applicants with feedback. If you do not hear from us in 5 working days from application, please conclude you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
strgroup is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.