Assistant Contract Manager
£26,000 to £34,800
I am looking for a Assistant contract manager based in Birmingham.
This salary is paying between £26,000 and £34,800 + 15% flex fund on top.
The Assistant Contracts Manager will provide contract management across HS2 Ltd’s corporate contracts portfolio. HS2 have a growing portfolio of contracts, including both standard government forms (for example Crown Commercial Services, G-cloud and NEC3 contracts). HS2 Ltd uses its contract models to ensure that it complies with statutory requirements along with relevant government policies to deliver value for money.
To support the delivery of HS2’s strategic goals by building value adding supply chains with sustainable commercial relationships. To do this we must: –
* Successfully achieve the award of all contracts required to deliver the construction, testing, commissioning and operation of HS2 in a fair, transparent, and non-discriminatory manner, by the agreed dates (as per Utilities Contract Regulations 2016);
* Provide commercial support and decision-making across all HS2s contracts and manage those contracts to ensure that they deliver the strategic objectives of the project throughout the term of the agreement and deliver demonstrable value for money;
* Support the delivery of HS2’s strategic goals by building value adding supply chains with sustainable commercial relationships that deliver value and comply with HS2’s obligations set out in the Development Agreement and any associated Undertakings and Assurances;
* Negotiate Commercial Agreements with third parties, coordinating interfaces and integrating across contracts and suppliers;
* Ensure that HS2 has the goods and services required by the organisation to guarantee success across each stage of the delivery lifecycle.
The Assistant Contract Manager will report to the Contract Manager. The main accountabilities will be to:
* Assist the Contract Manager and Senior contract Manager in their duties of managing a portfolio of corporate contracts
* Contribute to the administration of HS2 Ltd corporate contracts
* Assist in drafting documents to progress change requests through the company’s governance structure, systems and in association with other HS2 functions;
* Assist in compiling documents for compliance checks against contracts
* Assist in the production of contract management plans for each contract
* Review supplier performance against KPIs and performance measures
* Assist in the calculation of service credits and warranty payments
* Work to achieve value for money at each stage of the contract.
* Actively promote and embed Equality Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work, and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
* Additional accountabilities may include:
* Setting up and facilitating meetings and information sharing with other functional areas
* Ad hoc support to high-profile projects
* Stakeholder management skills
* Ability to provide attention to detail, especially with regards to contract documentation
* Administrative skills.
* Governance, Assurance & Compliance (3)
* Strategy Development (1)
* Project Management & Planning (2)
* Estimating & Cost Planning