Assistant Accountant (Remote)
Broxtowe| £16.50ph Umbrella | 3 Month Contract | Full Time | Start ASAP
Provide financial support to designated service areas and the responsible Principal Accountant including preparation of the annual revenue budgets, budget monitoring and closedown processes.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
* Completion of final accounts processes and preparation of notes to the accounts and supporting documentation.
* Completion of statistical and other (including government) returns as required, for example those covering revenue outturn and estimates and the Whole of business’ Accounts.
* Preparation of monthly and year end reconciliations between financial systems.
* Assist in the review and operation of computerised financial systems and the testing and implementation of any required upgrades.
* Contribute to the improvement of the company’s financial processes, including documenting and improving the use of financial systems.
* Assist with the production of financial information for management.
* Carry out any other duties that are within the scope and grading of the post which could also be requested by the line manager or Head of Service.
To be suitable for this position you will need to hold the following:
* AAT Level Qualification in Accounting (Level 2/3)
* Previous experience working within a busy finance team
* Background working in a Finance Team in a Local Government or Public Sector (ideal)
If you are interested in this position and feel it is the right role for you, please contact Anna at STR Group Services by sending over an up-to-date CV to email@example.com, where you will then be contacted.
Please note: Where high number of applications are in received, we are unable to contact all potential candidates.
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.