Area Housing Officer
Area Housing Officer – 3 Month Contract – Nottingham – £28ph Umbrella (Inside IR35)
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Area Housing Officer to join the team of a public sector organisation within Nottingham.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
* Ensure day to day supervision of the Housing Assistant and Estate Caretaker in your designated area.
* Ensure by investigation, negotiation and enforcement that tenants comply with their conditions of tenancy, particularly with regard to nuisance and anti-social behaviour.
* Offer day to day money management advice to ensure Rent accounts are kept up to date and ensure that tenancies are sustained.
* Perform New Tenancy and annual Tenancy visits.
* Prepare witness statements and collate information for possession hearings at Court and to attend Court as necessary.
* Interview customers at any of the Council’s offices and in their home on all aspects of their tenancies which includes Allocations, Housing Management matters and the landlord and tenant relationship.
* Complete Home inspections for tenants requesting a transfer/mutual exchange.
* Complete inspection of void properties as and when required.
* Attend meetings of Tenant and Resident Groups when required including meetings out of office hours.
* Keep clear and concise file notes of all contact with customers and provide clear and concise written reports and chronologies for other officers when requested.
To be suitable for this opportunity; the following qualifications or experience is required:
* Previous experience in a Local Authority Housing Department or Registered Social Landlord
* Dealing with anti social behaviour problems
* General computer skills
* Must be assertive, show initiative, be enthusiastic and self motivated
* Good planning, organisation and communication skills (both written and oral)
For further information and to apply then please contact Deanna at STR on 02392322381 and email a copy of your most recent CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.