Accounts Payable Assistant
Accounts Payable Clerk
Brent – Initial 3 Month Contract – £14 day rate (Umbrella) – Full Time – Start ASAP
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Accounts Payable Clerk to join a large public sector organisation based in the Brent Area of London. This role would require you to administer procure to pay processes including payment of invoices through relevant financial systems, ensuring these are paid accurately and within defined timescales
Your duties and responsibilities will include;
* To administer procure to pay processes including purchase orders and invoice management & Transaction processing – for non-invoiced expenditure
* To handle enquiries across all channels including those received through but not limited to Hornbill, email, telephone and post
* To validate and check high value and sample payments prior to the release of the payment run.
* To administer the creation of manual cheques prior to the approval of a Senior Manager.
* Support the Senior AP officers to work with service areas to comply with procure to pay processes so as prevent delays in payments being made and minimise the level of manual intervention required to release payments (including invoice holds and retrospective purchase orders).
* Provide a high level of customer service to suppliers and internal stakeholders at all times, taking action to ensure that payments are made within specified target times and achieving high levels of customer satisfaction.
* To inspect payment holds and take action to release these in order to allow inclusion on payment runs.
* To contribute to the overall success of the Accounts Payable team, supporting team members.
To be suitable for this opportunity; the following qualifications or experience is required:
* AAT Level 2 Qualification or equivalent (desirable)
* Knowledge of procure to pay processes and the administration of Accounts Payable
* Understanding of control frameworks to be operated in managing complex, high-value and high-volume financial transactions
* Experience of working within a large and complex finance function
For further information and to apply please contact Anna at STR on 02392 315073 and email on email@example.com
strgroup is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.