3rd line engineer
3rd Line Engineer- Winchester- 3 month contract- £400 a day umbrella
Our client are a large public sector organisation looking for a 3rd line Infrastructure engineer to join them on a 3 month contract.
As a third level IT Infrastructure Engineer, you will be responsible for delivering pro-active, planned, maintenance and improvement workstreams across a range of technologies. You will have a proven track record of working with a range of Microsoft technologies in large, Enterprise environments with awareness of the ITIL framework.
* Deliver infrastructure maintenance and improvement workstreams to defined timescales and objectives, effectively communicate and manage expectations to all relevant stakeholders.
* Assist maintenance Team Leaders in the smooth running of the workstreams during delivery.
* Create and maintain high quality technical upgrade and maintenance documentation.
* Provide leadership, support, and guidance, to junior members of the team.
* Liaise with suppliers for technical specifications and customer departments for input to issue resolution.
* Research and develop technical deployments and implementations to ensure maintenance and improvements are delivered as effectively and efficiently as possible.
* Proven experience using Microsoft SCCM to deploy, manage, and update, servers and application in an Enterprise environment.
* Proven experience managing and configuring Windows 10 and Microsoft Intune.
* Competent with PowerShell scripting, preferably at an advanced level.
* Good understanding of Citrix technologies (XenApp and XenDesktop) with prior experience of delivering apps and desktop in a thin client environment.
* Proven ability to configure and troubleshoot a variety of Windows Server operating systems, from Windows Server 2008 R2 to Windows Server 2016.
* Strong knowledge of Active Directory and related technologies (AD DS, DNS, Group Policy)
* Good understanding of Virtualisation concepts with strong working knowledge of VMware ESXi.
* Understanding of networking fundamentals (DNS, DHCP, PXE, Load Balancers, and VLANs)
* Experience with Citrix Provisioning Services (PVS).
* Application packaging and delivery using Microsoft App-V and Citrix XenApp.
* Experience of upgrading MacAfee EPO management platforms.
* NetScaler ADC (Gateway, LB, CS, WAF, AAA).
* Prior experience with AD FS.
* Knowledge of FIM.
* Knowledge of Hyper-V and XenServer.
* Azure Active Directory (including migrating on-premise users to AAD/O365).
* Strong working knowledge of AD CS and SCEP (and PKI in general).
* High Availability, failover and clustering solutions.
* Experience with Dell Enterprise Hardware.
* Good experience working with SANs (Fibre Channel and iSCSI).
For further information and to apply please contact Victoria at STR ON 02392 322309 and email a copy of your up to date CV to email@example.com
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to t